Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Anti-fate

I smile today.
I smile today because I saw a child
with a pup that does not growl.
They played around in the mud and sand,
getting dirt on feet and hands.
I smile today because I saw a man
with roses counting one to ten.
He looked around and anxiously wait
for a girl promised as his date.
I smile because I saw a bride
with her groom that’s standing beside.
They kissed each other at Saint Valentine’s church,
hopeful of the new life they lurch.
I smile because I saw 2 dads
with their daughter that they just had.
They hugged her tight and caressed her cheek,
singing a lullaby to get her to sleep.

I smile because today I get
the chance again
to cause some pain
and turn it all so brilliantly bad.

The pup will bite and the child shall cry,
the man will see people pass by and by,
the groom will leave scars on her face,
the dads will be the daughter’s disgrace

Oh, the excitement to see their tears
I smile today,
the 13th of May,
as little mortals brave their greatest fears.
I'll sit back and watch for it is interesting to see
exactly how fragile happiness can be.


Agnes Lee
Topic: Happy (day 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment